Chair: Sam Bowman
Resources and Infrastructure
Herring Habitat EnhancementA partnership with Rotary Clubs on the sunshine coast to boost herring populations using a prozen method of habitat enhancement
Housing availability has been identified as a key component of the worker shortage. “Victory suites” is a promotional campaign with the objective to encourage homeowners who have space to rent to rent it in the interest of providing more long-term rental housing for workers on the Sunshine Coast. The Victory Suites landing page seeks to provide interested parties with basic resources related to renting and regulations.
South Coast Workforce Housing Task Force
A group of organizations and individuals working together to construct workforce specific housing to meet the community economic development and regional growth needs of the future.
- Community Futures
- Rhiza Capital
- Sunshine Coast Affordable Housing Society
- Gibsons Public Market Society
- Sunshine Coast Association for Community Living (SCACL)
- Sunshine Coast Credit Union
- Kim Darwin (Mortgage Broker)
- David Reed (Community Futures Board member)
- Sunshine Coast Passenger Ferry Socio-Economic Needs Assessment